Thursday, July 25, 2024

Lisnaskea - Blackwatertown 🍀70kms 🚴‍♀️

 

I'm back touring again 😊


After some farewells, a lovely card and small gifts, I cycled out of the gates of the “Share Discovery Village” that has been my home for the last couple of weeks.


A lovely rural day of riding with Several very steep 20% hills to push my loaded bike up within the first 5kms and then rolling hills all day.  Cows, sheep, horse studs, free range chicken farms abound in the lush hills.


My cycle app took me for a surprise trip through a Castle.  I turned a corner and there were big fancy gates and a few cars waiting to be let in.  I said to the lady that my GPS said to pass through the grounds and out the other side and so she let me in for free 😂. So I cycled through the stunning grounds to the castle and found myself in the middle of a big American wedding 😂😂. Everyone dressed up and me in my lycra on my bike 😂. Then I followed the road to the exit to the estate to find that it was closed and locked due to renovations.  I chose to unhook my bags, get my bike over the gate, and the bags and then me 😂 and on my way again.


I had 4 conversations with locals today for 15-20 mins.  Two instances of people stopping their car in the middle.of the road, and asking where I've come from etc and 20 mins later me trying to end the conversation 😂. A farmer fixing his fence stopped me.from going up his road as they were doing roadwork a few miles away and I'd have to come back.. also on for a chat! And a free range egg farmer who offered for me to come and stay with them as it was getting late and no campgrounds.  So kind.


I'm at a warm.showers host who provided a beautiful healthy dinner home made vege soup and then fish and salad.  He took me for a walk through the small forest on his property and we've been sharing cycle touring stories.  


A great day 😊



No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...