Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Paris 🇫🇷🗼

Today peaked at 36 degrees (feels like 38) and I'd have to say I noticed it!  I've just had a month in Northern Ireland where it was at least 20 degrees less each day and I haven't had a summer since September last year 😂. Lots of water, locating shade, but absolutely loved my day.

An early start and a bus, train and bus and I arrived at the Rowing venue. 





Volunteers at all the transport stations making it easy for the visitors 😊. I had a great spot right on the fence line with two fun American girls from Ohio on one side and a couple from Saddleworth near Manchester on the other.  Lots of nice conversation between races.

I was cheering on Aussies and Kiwis all morning and they won or qualified in all but one race.  I think I was the only supporter in my section, so I made sure they could hear me 😂















I've purchased the 'Visit Paris' transport pass (70 euro for 7 days) and today racked up the equivalent of 30 euros worth of fares #winning.

After the rowing I decided to be a Tourist and caught 3 different forms of transport to visit Sacre Coeur, Paris's second highest point. 








The views are extensive and lots of visitors enjoying them.  I visited inside the church and sat for a while cooling down 😊.





Then down the stairs to the fountain where kids and adults were splashing around and I sat on the edge with my feet dangling in.


I wandered around Montemarte with cafes full of relaxed people.  I think the ratio of visitors to ice-cream/gelato may have hit a record or two today 😂 stopped outside Moulin Rouge.









I arrived back to the apartment about 6.30pm, nearly 12hrs after.  Step count 17,000 which was mostly this afternoon.  I was feeling a bit hot and fatigued but, a cold.shower and a few iced waters helped.  I made a big lentil and vege pasta which will keep me in dinners for a few days.

A nice evening chatting with Stephanie.

Tomorrow I have tickets for Beach Volleyball.  Purchased before the draw announced and so not seeing Australia play but looking forward to the Eiffel stadium venue 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...