Monday, July 22, 2024

Lisnaskea 🍀

A chilly summer's day, topping at 14 degrees and sprinkly.

This morning I assisted the Wheelchair basketball club with Archery.  Lots of upper body strength and our team has a couple of very accurate shooters 🎯


Then they went indoors to the Art Room for T-Shirt decorating.  This sporty bunch sat for a while before the creative juices started flowing and then some real masterpieces with a definite 'can do', 'no limits' theme.  


I love that this facility has accessibility for every building,  room and activity so that those with a disability can participate in most things.  Yesterday the group did a canoeing scavenger hunt and also went on the banana boat with harnesses etc.  lifts in every building, all toilets are disability toilets too.

Sunday roast and veges for lunch and salad and chips for dinner!!


This afternoon I was assigned to housekeeping and  two of us cleaned & re-made 10 ensuited bunk rooms.

We watched some.of.the 'Hurling' grand final which is a wild sport 😂


I then set up a photo I've been meaning to take for the last 13 months but availability of a ladder helped today.  

A photo of my bike and kit that I have travelled with for the last 13 months.  This is it!  A few seasonal clothing items have been donated to charity and, given I am currently in Northern Ireland with a cold summer, have a few more items of clothing than I would rather carry.  Add to this my food for 1-2 days.  Bike + gear + 2 days food + 2 full water bottles weighs about 40kgs.  I'll be back touring on Wednesday.


A relaxing evening playing cards and waiting for the next international students to arrive (a few delayed flights tonight).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...