Sunday, July 21, 2024

Lisnaskea πŸ€

A proud start to the day for me.  I tuned in at 5am my time to watch the Griffith University graduation service.  My oldest son Justin graduated todayπŸ†. To choose to study mature age, swap for part-time and reduce income and study full time and then finished his last subject this year while working full time takes dedication and persistence.  It was very difficult for me emotionally not to be there in person, but I was so grateful to be able to watch the ceremony live with some tears of pride. 


Today has been a mixed day here.  This morning I supervised the international students packing, locating passports and flight details, vacuuming their rooms etc and then this afternoon I had rostered off. 



 I worked on some bike route logistics this afternoon and locked in some travel bookings and was going to join in the fun in the waterpark.  It was freezing and bleak today and maximum of 14 degrees and strong winds.  


I was just debating whether to put on a wetsuit and then I was needed.  A few kids injured themselves over the next hour or so and so I was assisting by applying ice packs, comforting, gathering dry clothes for the ambulance.  About 250-300 adults, teens and kids passed through the water park sessions today and 3 hurt themselves πŸ˜₯. The first injuries this year and all in 2hrs! 



Tonight I played some fun games with the teens, then a movie and




then settling them as a dozen are on a 6am bus to the airport.  It's been fun to get to know them and a new group arrives tomorrow afternoon 😊

13 months today since I left Australia and one month left before I head back home again. ⏳


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane πŸ‡¦πŸ‡Ί

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...