Friday, August 2, 2024

Paris 🇫🇷

And so ends another fantastic Olympic day. In bed just before midnight.


Highlights:

- A day spent with one of my fellow volunteers I worked alongside at the Euros - Romeo


- All day spent at the Olympic Golf opting to follow the Aussie players and the No. 1 American and then stayed at a few holes to watch several groups putt.
















- chatting with other Aussies throughout the day

- seamless public transport network, clear signage, volunteers to assist when needed, Olympic public transport pass - so easy to get around

- tonight we went to Olympic Hockey and watched 2 games.  

-Nail biter game between Argentina and Australia with the Aussies scoring in the last 15 seconds to tie the game and finish top of their pool!










- So much fun with Romeo in Argentinian jersey and me in Aussie, sitting side by side. We got on camera a few times 😂





- Electrical storm started a few mins after I got on the train and by the time I had caught 3 different under ground train connections, the rain had eased



I have no Olympic tickets to events tomorrow and so will enjoy a lie in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...