Monday, August 12, 2024

Paris 🇫🇷 - London 🇬🇧


What a finale to an incredible trip (understatement right there).


Today I headed off early on my bike to watch the Women's marathon from the Louvre. I had pictured my photos with the pyramid in the background, plus an opportunity to run across the park and see them shortly thereafter. Well, it seems that spot got taken by the media 😂


We still had an amazing view of these women who have worked so hard to compete.








As soon as they passed, a Parisian cyclist who was standing beside me and I zoomed off to follow them for a bit. Was hard to keep up with them with footpaths crowded but a fun exercise till they went down into a tunnel. I looped back later to watch them at the 40km feed zone with Eiffel Tower views.








I spent the rest of the day cycling the sights of Paris, enjoying the stunning city that has done an exceptional job at creating a truly memorable atmosphere. So proud to be an Aussie and have loved seeing all nation's fans wearing their country colours with pride.  











I had a last pastry and a beautiful flower gelati with a macaron on top that I had been eyeing off. I sat in my favourite square with 4 beautiful fountains.






Back to pack down my bike and gear, clean the apartment and head off for the very long trip home. My dad is not well and so heading back a bit earlier and getting a seat on transport from Paris not easy. I'm on a 9hr overnight bus trip to London (11.45pm depart) and then to the airport to head home, back Wednesday night. I have lots of time to pen my trip reflection, but finishing with the Olympics has been a fitting celebration to a truly Gold medal trip. 



 Now time to focus on family in person 🙏

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...