Friday, February 16, 2024

Horne 🇩🇰 day 11

A day off today as I've worked extra hours.  


The students have been working on a project for the last 10 days demonstrating what they want to do when they finish schooling.  They had to present this in many ways eg interview someone doing a similar job, create a visual representation, submit a written document, create a stall in the gymnasium and then do a presentation for 2 teachers.  On Friday the parents are coming to see a display by all the students. 








A foggy and rainy day out and so I decided to spend the day browsing the stalls, chatting with the students and asking more about their future aspirations, sampling food etc.


The occupations are so varied and I love the passion for these roles that the last 10 days deep diving into research has brought.

Today I heard about - chef, shipping mechanic, child psychologist, environmental scientist, florist, nail technician, builder, bespoke furniture carpenter, singer, fighter pilot in the airforce, zoo keeper, Civil engineer, hairdresser, marine biologist, International tour guide, activities guy at resorts (wants to chase summer and work northern and southern hemisphere summers back to back), architect, race car driver for Ferrari.


Young people with dreams are fantastic to be around.  I hope to be able to see some more presentations tomorrow too.  The teachers have been impressed with many of the students effort and passion.


The school gym was busy again this afternoon and good to get a workout on a rainy day.


After tonight's dishes I left the boys intently following the brownie recipe for a second attempt 💙


Alex’s warm fire lit again tonight 😊




A very relaxing day for me 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...