Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Horne 🇩🇰 Day 10

A snowy winter wonderland to wake up to again.  The kitchen staff are a great bunch and all efficient workers.  Lots of singing again today and it was Carbonara day and Luca makes an amazing version with aged cheese and hand cut bacon.  Delicious




After my shift today I have out out a call to see if any of the teens would take me sledding.  They have end of term projects due but two were able to have a break to take me and Alex for a walk to the local slope.  The temp is increasing and the snow melting and so it needed to be today.
So much fun and the boys are obviously great at it.  I did about 10 runs and then we had a snowball fight and made a snowman. 








I was trying to fashion a ball when I looked back and the guys were rolling a small snow ball to collect snow to make it bigger.  Something I guess I have seen in cartoons but never done.  We made a big snowman and got a photo before it melted and toppled. 




I arrived back and the sun was dropping on the horizon and the sky clear and blue and so I jumped on  my bike for a short ride through snowy farmland, glistening as it melts as they say it will be melted in 2-3 days.







So much fun in the outdoors 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...