Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Horne 🇩🇰 day 9

Well the Superbowl was a fun night with the kids all piled into the gymnasium on the gym mats or relocated lounge suites.  Halftime spicy chicken wings and nachos.  About 60-70 teens stayed up for the game.  Went to extra time with Chiefs winning in the last 3 seconds.  In bed for 5.10am 🙄

My body clock woke me a couple of times and I got up at 10 and off to the kitchen.  Constant snow overnight and all day today making a winter wonderland view out of all the windows 😊  Sleepy teens emerged for lunch 😊






After my shift I went for a snowy photography walk in the churchyard and the woods with a couple of frozen lakes (definitely a favourite for me!) with the unexpected combo of bulrushes and snow.










Well, it's mad Monday and the prevalence of thick snow apparently doesn't cancel the ocean swim and so I joined a smaller group tonight on the bus with music pumping to Tornby for a swim.  Beautiful snowy streets and parks and fields 😊. Snow on the sand and -1 degrees outside and who knows how cold the North Sea was 😂. So much fun throwing snowballs from snow on the sand before going in.. I went up to my neck today!  Feet absolutely freezing from the snow on the sand which made the ocean feel warmer 😂 Exhilarating! 





Came back to the house and Alex had a warm fire going.  
Then Mad Monday continues with the eating date and tonight it was a chocolate roll which I assumed had cream layering inside but it turns out it was thick icing.  Slows you down straight away.  I did well but no match for 16yr old teenage boys 😂




No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...