Monday, August 5, 2024

Paris 🇫🇷

Olympic women's cycle road race was exciting and I love seeing so many people out enthusiastically supporting women's sport.


I was interviewed for instagram.for the Brisbane2032 media promotion team, teaching French how to do the Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi Oi Oi on the pedestrian bridge 😂













The start of the race they were all fresh and focussed.







Then I got to see them at Montmartre having to do a 3 lap cobble hill circuit, when the weather was hotter and most looked like they were struggling and still had the last 10kms to go.


I love how the crowd got behind the underdogs from lesser known nations who were struggling up the hills, lagging behind but we gave them such a boost with cheers of support.


I watched the team support hand out the drinks and gels and most of the girls were taking bags of ice which then put on the back of their necks, tucked into their jerseys. How they coordinated doing that while racing up cobble streets is impressive.


Afterwards I followed the route up to Sacre Coeur again for views of Paris. Lots of people had headed up for the views and some buskers were singing and playing guitars. The crowds have been well behaved and happy and relaxed 😊










I caught the train to meet up with Ben, one of the Aussie journalists who I met at the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games and he rented a room at my place. We've kept in touch electronically and so lovely to be able to co-ordinate a quick catch-up. I'm so proud of Ben for following his sporting dreams to work at the Olympics.




Tomorrow I'm off to watch the Triathlon relay early in the morning 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...