Sunday, August 4, 2024

Paris 🇫🇷


Olympic men's cycling and Olympic Women's soccer ¼ Final.

A fabulous start to the day watching the men's cycling whiz past 😊


I then had a few hours to kill before heading to soccer.

I caught a train in the general direction I needed to go and then wandered though the beautiful streets of Paris. 





I joined locals at delicious fresh food at markets and bought a ‘perfectly ripe’ peach 😊. 

I saw a queue outside a Boloungerie and then saw that it was an award winning shop.  I had to see what the fuss was about and so purchased their signature strawberry delight.  It delivered and was light and fresh and delicious.






I headed to a fanzone and watched some swimming and athletics before heading to the soccer venue.



Japan vs USA in the soccer with USA winning in extra time with an excellent left footer. 





My cheap ‘restricted’ seats were the most restricted seats I've ever purchased 😂. Actually unable to sit down at all with a concrete wall directly in front.  Five of us had a giggle about our bargain seats and stood for the game lol. 

After the game I caught a couple of trains and lined up and spent the night watching the Olympics at the biggest fanzine at Hotel Der Ville on the Seine until the sprinkle rain became heavier.




Hard to believe that I go home to an inner city apartment thanks to the generosity of a new friend.  Very blessed 🥰

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...