Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Paris 🇫🇷. 30km🚴‍♀️

A relaxing sunshiny gorgeous day in France's capital 😊


An early start for a cycle to the Olympic relay triathlon. Such an enjoyable event format for spectators and I placed myself at the cycle turnaround point and so the riders came past 8 times. Men and women in mixed teams.





One thing I've loved about the Olympics is sharing it with my dad daily via FaceTime.  I call him as I enter a stadium, or the race whizzes by, or strolling along with the Eiffel Tower in the background, or cheering at the beach volleyball.  Dad was a volunteer at the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games and loved the crowd atmosphere and so I bring him into the stadium daily 🥰

After the race I cycled to look at a few sites and then headed for some greenery at Bois de Vincennes which is a huge green space close to where I'm staying. The ‘gardens’ are in their natural state with lots of winding pedestrian paths and then packed gravel or bitumen for cycle paths. I only explored about a third and so will aim to go back again.  



I popped into a patisserie and bought a croissant and ate it in a small garden with a fountain and pretty flowers while I listened to a pianist practicing in their house 😊





Paris council have set up 25 free fan zones around the city and I've been visiting a different one each day. I had selected one for today that was near the park, not realising that it was in the grounds of Chateau Vincennes 😳😂🎉




So I spent several hours watching the Olympics on the big screen in a deck chair in the Chateau grounds, next to the building where King Charles V was born in 1364… as you do 😳







This site had many Olympic free activities to try. A surfing machine and on a 30 degree day it was popular!, Shetland pony equestrian rides, table tennis, pole vault, bmx, soccer. I tried pistol shooting and apparently there's more to it than walking casually up with your hand in your pocket and hitting the target 😂 let's just say Mr Turkiye’s medal has no chance of being contested by me 😂







I bought some groceries on my way back home, had a lie down for half an hour and made myself some pasta for dinner 😊. A night on the couch watching Olympics. (One night before I go I'll cycle to the Eiffel at sunset (approx 10pm) to see the lights and spar

kles!)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...