Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Paris 🇫🇷 17kms 🚴‍♀️

My dreamy visit to Paris continues 😊

This morning I cycled to meet Sammah, a beautiful young woman I met while volunteering at the English immersion program in Bavaria nearly a year ago. We sat in the park and chatted for hours. She is so inspirational and determined to become a permanent French resident (2.5yrs into the process).




Then off to meander the streets






to a fan zone at the Institute of Sciences. This is held in a beautiful building but much more formal in a wood panelled room with a big screen TV. I watched handball for a while but then headed out to the blue sky day.


I queued up for an Olympic rings photo and then headed to the Botanical gardens via a pattisiere to buy my baguette which makes 2 lunches 😊. The Parc was a cool haven on a hot day and has lots of playgrounds nestled amongst the trees, mini golf too.  









I rode up the road to the Chateau again as you really can't beat that for a venue to watch Olympics. I saw the track cycling and then all focus was on the men's basketball with France defeating Canada to move into the semis. Great atmosphere and very relaxing in a big lounge chair 😊.





The small screen on the other side of the Chateaux was screening Cool Runnings with French subtitles 

I left after the game with the crowd singing the Olympic theme song with a catchy chorus.  

Only about a 20 min cycle home again with almost the whole route on cycle lanes. Cycling in Paris is a dream, even if there is not a lane, cars and bikes work in unison.

Tomorrow I'm off to my last ticketed event - Women's golf. Looking forward to another fabulous day following the Aussies and other players.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...