Thursday, July 11, 2024

Lisnaskea 🍀

My first day at the camp and I've been assigned to the international students group. Teens from Italy, Spain, France, Austria, Poland and Germany.

Tomorrow they will go on an overnight camping trip and so today was a day of learning in preparation.

A cold and showery day, max 14 degrees but, if you only did things on sunny days then you would not get much done.  

I was with the group doing environmental studies. Learning about leaving no trace, how long it takes for different waste to breakdown, learning about the loughs and the types of fish, plants and threats the waterways are facing. An activity where they had to find and identify different plants and animals, take selfies as a group and be back first. I helped with two different groups do the same activities.  

The recreation site is getting busier as a long weekend approaches. A youth group and a scout group arrived and the campground is slowly filling with tents and the caravan park is getting busier too.

Guests at the park were on the huge inflatable bouncy maze on the lake and all wearing wetsuits! As were those hiring surfskis and canoes 😳

Tonight the site is offering roller skating and laser skirmish in the forest.


I'm off to watch the England vs Netherlands Euros game with some of the other volunteers. Two nice young volunteers, one French and one Irish have taken me under their wing and we played pool after dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...