Friday, July 12, 2024

Lisnaskea 🍀 15kms 🚴‍♀️, 6kms 🛶

 At our morning post brekky meeting I found that I was assigned to afternoon shift. I called home and did some cycle route planning and then had just enough time to squeeze in a local ride.


I rode from the recreation facility to the local village of Lisnaskea. The village castle some ruins of Castle Balfour and the gate was unlocked and so I had a look around, the church doors were locked though. Then a cycle through the cute main street, then to the supermarket for a few items before taking a loop back through the residential streets at the top of town with beautiful views across the lake.








This afternoon's challenge for the teens was to canoe across to an island 6kms away and camp out for the night and canoe back in the morning.

I was tasked with a couple of others to lash canoes together and make outrigger style for the group.  






Once on the island, I then got the big woodfire/coals going to cook the hamburger patties for dinner, and I do love making fires and so happy with that job 😂😂.  




A new Spanish volunteer guy arrived just before we left. Plus I've now met and had a huge chat with the Columbian volunteer who is also cycle touring. He has been on the road for 6 months now. We had a good 1hour chat and we will go for a local ride together 😊. He plans to be away 3 years!!


A few of us volunteers who are not sleeping out came back by speedboat which was fun and I'm now in my room smelling like BBQ Bob and will definitely need to wash my limited clothes tomorrow 😂





Oh and no rain today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...