Sunday, June 30, 2024

Skjope🇲🇰 - Dortmund - Cologne 🇩🇪

An early start (4am) meant I got to see the sun rising and lighting the sky around the mountains of North Macedonia on my way to the airport.


A whirlwind trip between soccer matches in Cologne and the necessary stamps in my passport achieved to assist in keeping within the Schengen visa allowances.  


My flight landed in the small airport of Dortmund and I found my way to the bus stop that connects with the underground. I had 1.5hours before my train to Cologne and so went for a wander through the modern city. It was packed and a real festive vibe as Germany and Denmark playing at the stadium tonight. The Danish with red and white and Viking hats and traditional horns blowing and the Germans with flags and red, yellow and black hats and shirts and wigs were all excitedly cheering.







I had thought I would visit the Museum of football (I get a volunteers 50% discount), but there was a big line up outside.  





This afternoon has been spent washing clothes, grocery shopping, life admin, logistics and route planning for my next cycle adventure that is soon to begin 😊


I have loved having warm sunny weather this last week - some summer 

finally 😂

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cologne 🇩🇪 - Manchester 🇬🇧 ✈️

 The morning came around quickly and I reset the foldout lounge back into an office, grabbed my gear and the bedding and headed to my friend...