Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Meersbusch - Wesel 🇩🇪 76kms 🚴‍♀️

Today's ride followed the Rhine and I think it's my most uninteresting cycle ride ever!  


Rivers have many beautiful sections but then they are a valued source of water for many industrial needs. Today I cycled past power stations, steel works, sewerage plants, manufacturing sites, shipping container storage bases, wind turbines and post war block apartments 🙄. About an hour of rain too, however rain when it's a warm 18-20 degrees is fine compared to the UK 5-10 degrees from a week or so ago 😂



I chatted with a couple cycle touring who had stopped to take a photo and commented to them on the boring day. The wife spoke some English and said from her husband's perspective it was one of the best days on a bike as he was fascinated by it all 😂. It's a matter of perspective I guess.




I chose to change up my attitude and find joy in what I could. I took some photos of flowering weeds, saw a calf and cow and a few sheep.







The final town of Wesel brought a little spark as I had read about the cathedral. Made my way there but it was shut - a good info sign for me to read 😂



My campsite tonight is massive and has to have 500-700 sites. Mainly caravan and motorhome spots. The tent section is small and tonight four of us with bikes, a couple of lads with backpacks - maybe walkers? And a guy and his canoe and tent. None speak English 😂






Sooo, not all days are outstanding but, any day cruising on a bike, navigating a route, locating a supermarket, sights to see and finding a campground feels like an achievement and feels like freedom 😊

https://tiffstraveltales.travelmap.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Skjope 🇲🇰. Matka Gorge 10kms🚶‍♀️

 This morning I was feeling the effects of missing sleep and so nodded back to sleep after waking early. The hostel owners recommended visit...