Monday, June 10, 2024

Cologne ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช to Manchester ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง✈️

A lovely sunny morning to wander through some suggested suburbs in Cologne.  22 degrees made for perfect wandering weather and I found one of the 10 city gates built in the 13th Century and it was part of the biggest  fortification in Germany and protected the city with was built on Roman roads through to Bonn, the former capital.


A few other older buildings had managed to survive the desecration by war.  


I walked into St Severin church, one of the 12 Romanesque churches in Cologne.  They had the most beautiful soundtrack playing, well so I thought!  As I walked towards the front of the church and turned, I could see that it was musicians rehearsing with the pipe organ and some playing string instruments.  I sat and enjoyed the music for about 15 mins before moving on.







A street market was setting up and locals were starting to wake up and come out to enjoy the day ๐Ÿ˜Š



I caught a tram and train to the airport.  Had a cancelled train, another change platforms without me understanding the announcement but i managed to make my flight, arriving into Manchester at 12 degrees and drizzly ๐Ÿ˜‚. 






I've come to my warm showers hosts who had kept my bike for 3 days and I'll stay here tonight.  Deb is an accomplished baker (nearly made it onto the great British bake-off 3 times now!) and we had a yummy dinner followed by easy friendly conversation this evening ๐Ÿ˜Š



No comments:

Post a Comment

Skjope ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฐ. Matka Gorge 10kms๐Ÿšถ‍♀️

 This morning I was feeling the effects of missing sleep and so nodded back to sleep after waking early. The hostel owners recommended visit...