Sunday, June 9, 2024

Cologne 🇩🇪

I was up early and on the trams headed for the stadium for our VIP Guest Services training day. A very full day of learning many practical aspects of my role.

Security procedures, where bodyguards and drivers spend their time during the match, walkie talkie practice, the seating area, dressing rooms, the pitch, the carpark entrances and exits away from media eyes, the associated lifts and stairs etc, media interview zones, etc. Our training was held in the VIP Corporate lounge that's taking shape.







The stadium is alive with forklifts and contractors setting up cabling, delivering furniture, erecting banners and posters, different groups of volunteers having tours, and it feels an honour to be chosen to be a part of the UEFA2024 😊

Volunteer lunch again was amazing and today we had an ice block too. I love the location of the volunteer food hub as it's next to beach volleyball courts and today at 23 degrees and sunny, there were 4 games being played.





After training I changed my TShirt and followed a suggestion from another volunteer to go to the Wine Festival a few tram stops away. A very popular event on a sunny day. I tried a lovely Rose and then chose a Bratwurst from one of the food stalls. Not a typical combination but a popular one today 😂








Tonight I shared dinner with Kylash, her well mannered teenage son who has great English and a colleague. A relaxing BBQ on her balcony on a balmy evening.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...