Saturday, May 4, 2024

Whitchurch 🇬🇧 10kms 🚴‍♀️

This morning I was on the 7am train headed to Manchester for my appointment with the Embassy at 9.

Unfortunately it's a no to a French visa for me, for a range of complicated reasons, mainly that I'm outside of Australia already and not on an official UK visa as allowed to be here and so can't apply from UK or from Aus.  Then a range of other complications.  Not meant to be. 

So, I felt sorry for myself on my train ride back, escalated when I realised that in my distress when leaving I forgot to collect my confiscated by security bike helmet (potential weapon??) and so tried to find the most off road route to get back to the house.  Some very busy roads and then a canal path with a rough walking track. 




Chatted with two lovely ladies having a walk while hubbies on the boat. 




(Will need to buy a new helmet tomorrow as train tickets very expensive and no contact number for the embassy office and now a long weekend)

Back home and got some washing dried, played with the animals, and time in the gorgeous walled garden. 










Then a few hours starting to piece together the visa puzzle for the next few months.  It will take me a few days to crack the code.

All ok, I have had amazing experiences so far and so Tour de France and seeing the Matilda's play was really going to be cherries on top of a fantastic pie.  I'll come up with a cracker of a Plan B i'm sure.

Sitting in front of the fire surrounded by friendly animals as the rain falls outside 😊




No comments:

Post a Comment

Maddybenny to Londonderry 🍀 68kms 🚴‍♀️ 5.5km 🚶‍♀️

Some rain overnight and a wet tent to pack up.  Lovely to wander around the farm this morning with ducks and peacocks, friendly farm cat and...