Sunday, May 5, 2024

Audlem 🇬🇧. 35kms 🚴‍♀️

A local ride to a Cycle shop that had some helmets in stock.  



Cheshire is a pretty place to ride with country lanes, gentle rolling fields, sheep and cows, canals with canal boats and a drawbridge across the road, Tudor style homes, large country estates, churches with stained glass, tractors and a horse rider. The roads are full of potholes which makes for some concentration 😂













Yep, I love exploring the English countryside by bike. Lots of cyclists out today enjoying a rain free day.

The owner of the bike shop was nice and helpful, and I have a new Cannondale helmet. I tried a few brands and it fit perfectly.

Chatted with a woman who arrived to my morning tea park bench with a slash in her bike tyre and tube bulging out. Her group waved her off and hubby coming to collect her. 

Back to the loving animals and I spent the afternoon on my logistics. 5 flights booked, destinations chosen, some cycle routes planned and logged in the app. Feeling like my afternoon was quite productive. Still lots to pull together but feeling like I'm getting on top 🎉🎉






No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...