Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Marbury & Whitchurch 🇬🇧 22kms🚴‍♀️

Cheshire continues to delight. A short cycle through the cute Tudor village of Marbury and over the hills to Whitchurch in search of a replacement camping gas bottle as I had to leave mine behind in Amsterdam.  








Helpful people sent me to four different hardware store locations but none in stock or they didn't carry the line. Did some grocery top up shopping and some other bits and pieces I need while touring.


Got chatting with a man with a long grey Santa beard, in his 70's on an old touring bike with panniers. He is camped at a campground not far away and had been in town to do a load of laundry and get groceries. Charles said that he preferred life on the road to living by himself at home and has been touring the UK for years meeting interesting people, seeing wonderful sights and being in nature. We chatted for about 20 mins and went our different ways. What a lovely man riding off in his collared shirt and slacks and hiking sandals. He said he hoped to bump into me again if I'm out his way this week 😊. We both move on on Saturday. 



The animals here continue to delight and are a pleasure to care for. 





More hours spent researching my next 3 month's routes and things to see. Listened to my audiobook while playing with the animals, with birds twittering. I only have 1.5hrs left of my latest Audio book.


This really has been a relaxing housesit so f

ar 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...