Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Inveraray πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 76kms 🚴‍♀️

I set off for Inveraray on my bike ahead of the two car loads.  

The route followed Loch Awe, past the castle in the lake we saw yesterday and then up a long 10km climb through the mountains and then down a similar distance to the town.







Inveraray is a picturesque whitewashed town on a loch with quaint gift shops, art galleries and cafes and pubs.  





We ate lunch in 'The George's an old pub on the main street. I had a look inside the two churches and the jail has been made into a museum which some visited.  


I continued my lemon cake research and found my winner so far 😊


I wandered the dock to see the old red steam boat and then cycled to see Imveraray castle. It was bustling with tour groups and many visitors on a Sunday afternoon. I then headed back on my bike to the campground.








I really enjoyed Inveraray and would recommend a visit and ideally a night in this gorgeous seaside town😊


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cologne πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ

First UEFA2024 EURO match day for Cologne. Switzerland vs Hungary with Switzerland having a convincing win 3-1. It was a long, fun and fabul...