Monday, April 15, 2024

Wanstrow - Frome 🇬🇧

 25km 🚴‍♀️ loop


I woke after a great sleep in my big white comfy bed 😊. The dogs were happy to see me.

I took the dogs for a relaxing walk through the forest and they had fun in the field.. Zola is so tiny that the lush grass is nearly taller than her! 






Gloria the hen is happy to be given her corn to eat.  She is not laying currently though and so no eggs for brekky.

I took my bike for a pannier free ride.  This is a hilly area and so no matter which direction you go there will be some lovely views over the fields.  First stop on my circuit was to a village called Nunney.  The centre piece of the town is an impressive castle with a moat.  It was built in 1373 by Sir John de la Mare and some renovations in 1560.. it was donated back to the people in the 1960’s and is free to enter!







 

To my delight a mother duck and her 13 little ducklings were waddling around the edge of the moat and had a swim too.





Then up over the hills to visit the village of Frome.  This is an arty village with a stream running through it. I had hoped to visit the numerous art galleries but all but one are closed Sundays and Mondays.  The one that was opened is housed in a round tower built in the 17th century as a wool drying oven (to melt the lanolin).  Love the history in every town.  I'll be back later in the week 😊












Back over the hills to the waiting dogs.  We picked a different route for our walk but I couldn't find the pond I had been given some instructions for and so turned back after half an hour and we played ball in the yard afterwards.





I enjoyed cooking my dinner in the old stove 😊




Now time to relax watching the Amazing race with two doggy companions 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...