Friday, April 12, 2024

Tiverton - Ottery St Mary - Exeter 🇬🇧 30km 🚴‍♀️ e

 

Tiverton - Ottery St Mary - Exeter 🇬🇧 30km 🚴‍♀️

Today was a gorgeous day on the bike.  Wind has dropped, the rain stayed away, the birds were tweeting 😊

A hilly scenic cycle through the Northern Devon countryside to Ottery St Mary where I will stay for a couple of nights with friends of my grandmother's.  I stayed with them 25yrs ago and they have been to Australia and stayed with my parents.  😊









Today's cycle included rolling hills, green fields, a fat rabbit hopping into a hedge, birds twittering, new lambs, dairy cows, manure smells, a farm cat, tulips, country lanes, steep hills that I had to get off and push my bike for half of it, canal path.

A visit to St Mary's in Ottery St Mary, built in 1100's.









Then a shower, soup, bread, quiche and salad lunch at Suzy and Scott's


and then set drove to Exeter for a 7.5km walk through the harbour and along the beach to the rocks which are UNESCO Word Heritage listed as part of the 'Jurassic Coast'.  The sun came out and it was lovely to see lots out enjoying the first calm weather day for a week.











Then to watch their granddaughters rugby practice before a slow cooked casserole and vege.

Great company and a comfy bed too❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...