Thursday, April 11, 2024

North Peverton to Tiverton 🇬🇧 55km🚴‍♀️

I had a great night's sleep dry and warm and out of the wind in the reception area of the caravan park.  The wind had dropped off a lot this morning thank goodness.  Raining but I was happy for the change from.gale force winds.

Today's cycle included canal tow paths with varying surfaces - gravel, mud and bitumen.  They were busy with families, joggers and dog walkers and so great to see people using them. 









Also a mossy tree lined rail trail and then I climbed up through the hills with muddy farm roads, dairy cows and green fields with new lambs.  Nynehead Hollow is a handcut single lane road through a rocky mountain.  The Sandford family wanted to make a quicker route for their servants to get to work at Nynehead court! 




I had a soup and toast lunch to warm up at a gorgeous cafe next to a nursery.  Delicious food and wonderful atmosphere  - warmed me up as I was drenched and muddy.






I had planned to camp tonight but with more rain forecast, it didn't take much persuasion to opt for a motel instead.  The receptionist ‘Tiffany’ upgraded me to a room with a bath, at the end of the building so I could unload my bike much easier.  Blessed again 😊. And tonight the young waiter gave me some extra chunky chips as I had been cycling 😊







A lovely day in the countryside in Somerset 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...