Sunday, April 7, 2024

Riomaggiore - Pisa 🇮🇹 - London 🇬🇧


A travel day!

This morning we left the beautiful Italian coastline and boarded our train to Pisa. 



Kim and I had a bite to eat at ‘Tiffany cafe’ 😂 near the Pisa train station and said our goodbyes.


  It's been an absolute pleasure having a Spanish and Italian adventure with Kim over the last 3 weeks.  Each of us did some research and then some long planning chats over the internet and we put together a great trip, So blessed with our 20yr friendship!  Now Kim continues in Italy solo and I have headed back to the UK.

My day has involved 2 trains, 1 flight





and 2 coaches and 1 bus over a 12hr period and it all has worked relatively seamlessly (except for too much sitting still after 3 weeks with 20,000+ steps daily 😂) and now I'm back west of Oxford to collect my bike where wonderful housesit home owners Jeremy and Alison have been storing and caring for it for months.  Their kindness and generosity in giving me a UK base, a previous complete stranger till I looked after their dogs and cat, has been a blessing. 





I start cycle touring again tomorrow.

I'm excited and a little nervous after having the winter months off riding a loaded bike, and I'm still needing to carry winter and summer clothes and so not as light a kit as I would prefer.  

Standby for Lycra and bicycle themed photos 😂😂

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...