Friday, March 1, 2024

Horne 🇩🇰

Last day at the school vibes.  Aussie tunes and 80’s and 90’s music playing for my kitchen shift.  Such a lovely, fun and welcoming team and I'll miss them.



I (of course) said a little farewell speech at lunchtime and had some kind words said back.  I thanked the school for embracing an older workawayer into their community and letting me join in the daily routine and fun 😊




This afternoon, one of my fellow workawayers and I joined in an art (Kunst) class as they are painting a new mural for the school wall and needed some extra hands to meet their deadline.  A relaxing way to spend 1.5hrs, chatting with students and painting 😊




Tonight I joined indoor hockey with plastic sticks, rebounds off anything and everything and lots of laughter and music playing.  Fabulous hour spent with fun teens ❤️




After travelling solo for 8 months, this has helped me fill my companionship cup😊. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...