Thursday, March 7, 2024

Copenhagen 🇩🇰 - Odense 🇩🇰


And then there was one.


A half day spent with Matty and Bronte.  We went to Juno the famous bakery with a small selection of goodies that changes daily.  I tried the Citrus meringue pie which was light, tangy and just right 😊.





Then to the Museum of Copenhagen that's free on Wednesdays.  

A beautifully decorated building with hand painted ceilings and many displays detailing the Viking heritage, battles for land, settlement, two great fires that destroyed 60% of the city in the late 1700's, the plague, immigration to boost the population, revered kings.  A colourful past for a colourful city which has had the water, canals and shipping as a key industry.







I then said goodbye as we head to new adventures in opposite directions.  It was very special to see family in the middle of my time away, and lovely that they let me join them on a part of their holiday. 


They are off to the Faroe Islands in the morning and I caught a train to Odense, the 3rd largest city in Denmark.

Odense is famous as being the birthplace of Hans Christian Anderson.  I went for a general wander around town through the old town, past HC Anderson birthplace,




through parks,






many sculptures,




down to the dock area,



walked over a new cycle and pedestrian overpass,



had dinner at "Storms" shipping container food markets



and then back to my cosy bnb for the night.  I look forward to some more sightseeing tomorrow 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...