Sunday, February 11, 2024

Hjorring 🇩🇰

 (Pronounced Yr-ing)

Lots of lovely snow fell overnight and so I started my day shovelling snow for the first time off the path from our house!  Then off to use the school gym for an hour.  Hadnt got there yet this week and did a good workout.








A 1km snowy/icy walk to the train station and worked out just in time which button to press to indicate to the train to stop at the isolated station. Phew! 


Hjorring is the administrative centre for the area and has a great Knuntmuseum (Art gallery) featuring Danish artists.  I enjoyed exploring 4 floors with varied art.












Then back outside to wander down the main shopping street with sculptures and children's play equipment including a huge public sandpit...the shops close at 1pm.on Saturdays with just the supermarket staying open for longer. 








I bought a Danish cinnamon swirl pastry and headed to the park which was a snowy wonderland 😊. The huge pond was mostly frozen and had swans, ducks and seagulls floating.  When they saw me stop they must have thought I had some bread as they swam and then climbed onto the ice to waddle over to me.  I wandered through some.of the streets looking at the architecture before the hourly train arrived.








I saw some deer running in a field 😊


Tonight at the school the teens made their own pizzas and they we played board games till midnight.  





Not much new snow fell today but more forecast tomorrow.  It's so pretty outside ❄️❄️❄️

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...