Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Days 14&15 Horne 🇩🇰

The weather has turned a little bleak and so yesterday spent all morning on logistics and trip planning and then chatting with flat mate and then mid afternoon just had to get my wriggles out and so we went for a misty rainy 20km local lap through some forestry areas and quiet roads.







We are still making our way through leftover food from the end of term school fridge cleanout and so mixed plates of random food 😂. Then chess till midnight!

This morning I had a lie in and then a zoom board meeting for the charity Eagles Wings till lunch.

I have made friends with the school janitor and somehow got on to the cycling topic and we chatted about the options in the area and then he  delivers a good mountain bike that a student left at the school last term.  He had pumped the tyres and lubed the chain 😊 my flatmate borrowed a mountain bike and took me to the local fantastic mountain bike park in the local forest.  Different levels of difficulty and mossy, slippery roots, steep climbs, narrow wooden bridges and all the things I love 😊. I've lost some cycle fitness which is annoying, but having this only 5-6kms away will be great fun.








Last of the leftovers, wood fire and chess. 
Such a complex language to read!

A very pleasant couple of days while the students are on school holidays for the week. 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...