Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Horne - Skagen - Grenen 🇩🇰

A 10/10 day!  I cycled 65kms to the northern most town in Denmark and then hiked 1.5kms each way along the beach to the very tip of Denmark 🇩🇰 where the North Sea meets the Baltic sea!


My ride had it all!  


Sunrise over farmers fields,



lush pine forests,



thick mossy undergrowth,


beaches,



sand dunes,




fabulous cycle paths, mostly had the ride all to myself, WWII Bunkers


, churches


, lighthouses

, walk on the beach, shells, a seal!,






quaint historical fishing village of Skagen,




amazing hot chocolate and huge delicious cinnamon pastry,


ships in port and then a few train connections back to my local station.


I made Mexican for dinner and now chilling in front of the fire 😊🔥🚲



No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...