Saturday, January 20, 2024

Bournemouth 🇬🇧

 Today I took the doggies on a day trip to the beach.  It was -3 degrees when we left home but not a cloud in the sky and the sun rising. 


As a house/pet sitter, I agree that the pets in my care are not left home alone for more than 4hrs.  So today I took them with me instead of a half day outing 😊


The drive was spectacular with the morning light on the heavily frosted fields and icy streams and lakes.  Lots of concentration as signs indicating patches of ice at times.  I was following a truck and so I was confident that the fine later had been broken by the time I ran over it.


Bournemouth beach is long, wide and sandy and lots of people out enjoying the picture perfect day.  We walked for 6kms with the dogs happily meeting other dogs, digging holes, running at the waves and generally being happy campers. 

 











While walking I met the loveliest chatty girl Lindsay walking her two little dogs.  We walked and talked for a while and the poor thing realised she had dropped her keys on the beach!  She had taken off her cardigan and wrapped it round and they had dropped out of her pocket.  I went with her as she retraced her steps and we searched the beach as the tide was coming in,  asking passers by if they had seen then.  She found her lip balm and and couple of other items which gave hope, but no keys.  I had to run back with the dogs to the parking meter to put more money in but she said to go and we exchanged details.  Amazingly just as I got to the car she messaged saying someone had handed in her keys! 🙏. 


Lindsay had recommended another beach called Sandbanks beach and so off we drove to find it.  An absolutely stunning white sandy beach with sand dunes and luxury homes and lots of walkers.  Views over to Isle of Wight, a washed up eel and two crazy swimmers 😳








A traffic busy drive back but scenic and lovely and two very sleepy dogs 😂




Cracker of a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...