Wednesday, December 27, 2023

London 🇬🇧 day 4

After doggy walks with lots of chasing squirrels,


we caught a double decker bus to Notting Hill.  A crisp, clear and sunny day 😊

We spent the next couple of hours following the movie scenes map to locate the houses, restaurants etc used in the movie.  Lots of tourists walking around together finding the locations - so much fun. 








Then wandered to Kensington Gardens and had our picnic lunch. 







The park was busy with many taking an afternoon stroll.  The lake is beautiful and filled with swans and ducks 😊. Kensington Palace and gardens closed today and so not able to see the Princess Diana memorial. 

We arrived back to the local train station and just as we were arriving at 4.15pm, I checked my confirmation email to see if it was 7 or 7.30.  To my horror I found that the show started at 1700!!  A quick check of options to get there and trains the quickest.  We had 18 mins till the train and so ran home, let the dog out, fed the dog, got changed and we ran to the station, arriving as the train pulled in.  Changed trains at Victoria station and arrived at Oxford circus, ran to the London Palladium just 5 mins late.. fortunately we had aisle seats and they let us straight in.  Phew 😳

I had heard so much about Christmas pantomimes and so we booked Peter Pan.  The costumes and choreography were excellent. 




The story is loosely  related to Peter Pan and has an all star cast.  I had been told that there would be a lot of adult humour but in my view, it had a bit too much inuendo initially but settled as the show went on.  Lots of kids in the audience.  The venue spectacular and so a wonderful evening.

Leftover Christmas turkey and veges and apple pie and Bridget Jones Diary combo.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Cologne 🇩🇪 - Manchester 🇬🇧 ✈️

 The morning came around quickly and I reset the foldout lounge back into an office, grabbed my gear and the bedding and headed to my friend...