Friday, December 29, 2023

London 🇬🇧 day 6

It's hard to believe I'm living in London.  That's what it feels like with 9 nights here.  I've visited London a few times previously but only ever a couple of days at a time. This morning was blustery and rainy for our doggy walk however the park was still busy with dog walking, joggers, soccer playing teens and cyclists.

This afternoon I caught some trains to near Trafalgar Square. 


I remember over 30 years ago, getting in trouble by a policeman for trying to climb up on one of the Lion statues 😂. Can't remember if there were signs back then, but there are now! 😂




Then to queue for the National Gallery. 




To have free entry is such a gift to the people.  The collection of artworks is extensive and, having studied art, delighted in the famous artists works on display.  I loved seeing so many people passionate about art ❤️. I didn't have time to look at all the rooms as I took the time to read the descriptions and study the techniques used.  Van Gough, Cezanne, Monet, Renoir, Gaughan, Picasso, Matisse, Rembrandt, Da Vinci to name a few.








Then off to see Downing Street - no Prime Minister spotting today 😂. Walked past Raffles Hotel



with Christmas decorations. Then Big Ben all lit up at 4.30pm. 

I had read that you can attend the Eveningsong service at Westminster Abbey on a first come first served basis.  I joined the queue and was fortunate to get a seat. 


The resident choir on holidays and they had a visiting choir from Sydney 😂. The acoustics are perfect and the feeling of knowing I was sat where so many incredible events have occured through history. 




Walking out we passed over many famous people's grave stones.


A great feeling to be conquering the London transport system with the help of a great app.  I just love and appreciate the frequency of services with trains every 2-3 mins and busses 10 minutely.

Now a relaxing evening with the doggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cologne 🇩🇪. 15kms 🚴‍♀️

Last night in Cologne for me with the final game for this venue. A fantastic well fought knock out game between Georgia and Spain with Spai...