Monday, December 18, 2023

Cardiff bay 🐉

 This morning I took Echo on a walk alongside the river and a detour to the stately home Insole House.  Lovely 1800's home with gardens and a small market today.










I caught the bus into town and then walked to Cardiff bay. 




The Bay area used to have the largest coal shipping port in the world. 


The area has been turned into a community space







and honours John Scott Antarctica explorer who set sail from Cardiff bay,


Roald Dahl who was born and raised in Cardiff and went to the school not far from where I'm staying.  

I then walked across the barrage locks which control the volume of water in the bay and up the hill to the suburb of Penarth which is where all the shipping workers lived in little cottages.  Cute little shops and cafes and lots of seagulls as near the seaside .  







I navigated to a train station and amazingly my stop was on this line!


Walked home and took Echo straight out for her walk.


A 30,000 step day!  Now for a Christmas movie 😊🌲

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...