Thursday, November 2, 2023

Reading to Petersfield 65kms 🇬🇧

https://tiffstraveltales.travelmap.net/uk-travel-2023

I've had a big day on the bike...  rain for most of it, flooded roads and I had to do rerouting and in the end I just said stuff it and rode through water more than halfway up my wheels multiple times, hilly, sun did come out for half hour or so, rode up hills with torrents like rivers running down, oh and fierce headwinds all day.  Had a section of thick muddy single track, busy A roads with trucks and cars and zero shoulder to get over, and finished in the dark (including the single track bit).  A hard fought 65kms!










Cute villages though, so many autumn trees and detoured to see Jane Austin's home.



Gale force warnings tomorrow with people encouraged to stay indoors!  May put my bike on the train.


I've had such a fortunate trip with hardly any rain while riding, most storms and rain overnight.when I was safe in my tent.  Today made up for it 🤣


Warm, dry, fed and happy in my cosy bnb 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cologne 🇩🇪 - Manchester 🇬🇧 ✈️

 The morning came around quickly and I reset the foldout lounge back into an office, grabbed my gear and the bedding and headed to my friend...