Thursday, November 2, 2023

Oxford - Henley on Thames - Reading 🇬🇧 50kms

A cruisy bicycle touring day though villages, rural settings and the Chiltern Hills bathed in Autumn colours.  One steep hill that I pushed my bike up, but it gave me time to look into the woods and see squirrels, pheasants and partridges.










Henley on Thames is famous for the annual Regatta and has a relaxed feel.  I had a picnic beside the Thames with some very friendly ducks.









Back on the bike and past luxury homes and a beautiful golf course.  The rain that had been threatening came down with 7kms to go.



The lovely man at my bnb upgraded my room as he couldn't believe I was bike packing alone and wanted me to be comfortable.  He locked away my bike too.  What a sweetie.


Reading has the ruins of a Benedictine Abbey built in the 1100's and amazingly modern buildings have been built right next to it.  














Reading has quite a lot of modern office buildings and shopping centres, right next to Tudor buildings - seems to be no zoning?  Fabulous Indian meal for dinner.



Love being back on the bike touring 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cologne 🇩🇪. 15kms 🚴‍♀️

Last night in Cologne for me with the final game for this venue. A fantastic well fought knock out game between Georgia and Spain with Spai...