Friday, November 3, 2023

Petersfield - Chichester 🇬🇧

My UK travel route (have divided it off from the Europe travel part)


https://tiffstraveltales.travelmap.net/uk-travel-2023

The BNB had beautiful.giant bunnies that I was able to feed this morning ❤️




The storms across the UK have delivered rain, winds and lots of local flooding.  I caught a couple of trains to Chichester.  Train delays and cancellations due to flooded tracks and wind control slow speed for all trains.  


Had to carry my bike and bags up two sets of these stairs as lift broken


I arrived at my hotel and they kindly let me check in early, and bring my bike up to the room.  I had thought I would get out of wet cycle gear and into clothes and raincoat but decided to stay inside instead.  Lots of research and planning for the next 6 months and applying for various opportunities.  An afternoon well spent.

I ducked out to get some dinner and found that it had stopped raining and just icy winds.  A wander through the near deserted streets of this pretty town.  


I saw people headed to the cathedral and decided to follow.  A beautiful, limited time, evening art installation!  The community had written messages of peace onto paper doves and the these have been hung from the ceiling of the cathedral with soft coloured lighting and relaxing peaceful music playing.  What a treat 😊

Looking forward to exploring early on foot before I need to check out.  Will catch the train again tomorrow as too much local flooding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Carnfunnock - Cushenden 🍀 47kms🚴‍♀️ , 5km 🚶‍♀️

 An enjoyable day exploring the Coastal road north of Belfast. Last night strong winds and heavy rain made it a bit hard to sleep, but thank...