Wednesday, November 22, 2023

London to Tirana 🇦🇱

 The next adventure is loading….


The last few days have seen me say goodbye to Bruce the cat and Brighton.  He was super snuggly and purry by the time I left 😊 I rode to the train station and then caught 3 trains via London to Swindon.  A bit hectic changing from above ground trains to the underground to levels 6 floors down and navigate busy carriages with a bike 😂.





Then took the cycle paths, country lanes, muddy forest paths towards Oxford. 




The lovely home owners from my first UK sit had kindly offered to store my bike over winter.  Doggy walking with cute dogs who had remembered me for a weekend and ‘winterising’ my bike.  Cleaning all pannier bags, bike shoes and mud and chalk splatters from my bike, removing batteries etc washing and drying all cycle clothes (with the help of Jeremy the home owner).  All packed away now till the weather is more favourable.  





Then by bus to Julie's place where I had my original luggage stored.  I have managed to fit the essentials for the next 4 months into my day pack 😳. This will end up saving me about $450 in baggage fees!








 

I had a UK housesit cancel as they were due to do an Israel tour.  With my European Schengen 90 day visa used up, eliminating 27 countries till next year and the UK is quite expensive and many sites now closed for winter - I did some research on emerging destinations, 30 pound return airfares has lead me to Albania and Montenegro for the next 3 weeks, Backpacking and staying in hostels.  

I have now been away 5 months and have had 3 months in Europe not being able to read any signs or speak all the languages, and 2 months of ease in the UK.  Time for a challenge again with different currencies, languages and interesting food to try.  


Here are some of my highlight pics from the last few days 😊


Let the adventure begin!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...