Saturday, November 18, 2023

Brighton 🇬🇧


The last hurrah!  My final day of this housesit and I had an incredible day.

The sun was shining and a crisp 7 degrees and so I set off for a local cruisy 30km cycle past the white cliffs again to Rottendean.  






This little old fishing village was home to Rudyard Kipling and his gardens are maintained by volunteers.  The old roses were so fragrant.  The main street has a pub built in the 1500's and the old windmill bakery next door.  I went in and asked what was their 'must have' bakery item, and she said the bread and butter pudding. 












I cycled along the coast a little and up the paddock to the old windmill and sat on a park bench with my picnic.  The serving size was huge and it weighed a ton 😂 





A man came past and said it was the best park bench view of all of them along the coast 😊. Then just as I was ready to leave, a couple of guys unlocked the gate and drove up to the windmill and opened it for maintenance.  I walked over for a chat and asked if I could look inside.  The windmill was built to mill corn for the bakery. 




Tonight I've had a wonderful evening.  First to 'Burnt Orange' restaurant for an excellent high end meal 







and then to a candlelight Vivaldi 'Four Seasons' concert at the Royal Pavilion, and I was given the front row!  









 Both of these outings were gifts from different home owners for the housesits I have done.  There is no need for any gifts and usually a few groceries are provided which is over and above.  Housesitting is mutually beneficial.  I have been blessed by the generosity of kind people ❤️





Thankyou Brighton for providing variety in landscape, weather, surrounding villages, quaint and eclectic streets to wander, lots of hills!, sunsets and all from the comfort of a beautiful home and a kitty that I was able to win over 🏆

The next adventure will begin soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...