Monday, November 13, 2023

Henfield 🇬🇧

 Today I reunited with Syska Pacekova ❤️. We met 11yrs ago on a charity cycle in Switzerland and got on so well.. she was living in London and we became FB friends but then hadn't communicated since.  Syska messaged me to say she now lived near Brighton.. she is now married with a little son.  



Her hubby collected me this morning in time for me to join in the Remembrance Day march and service in their village.  What a privilege to join with the locals with the brass band playing, service personnel and the scouts and other community groups following.  





The church bells were playing (I now know what happens behind the scenes) and the service was very personal and honouring.  They read out all the names of the locals who had lost their lives in the wars.  Then a march again to where wreaths were laid and the last post played.  Very moving and the rain held off.








Then to spend the day with Syska and her beautiful family.  She cooked up a feast and it was a day of easy conversation and spending time with little Nathan reading books 😊. Just love when time seems to have stood still and you can easily reconnect with people.❤️. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...