Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Brighton 🇬🇧 wanderings


Wanders to the seaside as I love hearing the crash of the waves.  Windy today and so a nice swell again.  Watched the big seagulls scavenging.





Then off to follow the street art trail.  First stop the musicians tunnel with some artists I recognised and others I didn't 🤣




Brighton has many whole buildings stylishly painted.  There are some allowed graffiti streets and a monument at the start of this part of town. 














Then a wander through The Lanes area filled with narrow winding lanes with quaint cafes and pubs, antique jewellers and collectables, art and craft shops, florists and clothing stores.






To Sydney and Church streets with tiny boutiques and homewares shops.  Lots of op shops with an incredible range of clothes - would be amazing to shop for fancy dress here.  Many of the locals have funky fashion sense, rocking their vintage wear.  Saw a young girl in a bright yellow 70's suit 😊











I always feel like a local when housesitting, catching public transport and grocery shopping etc. and then coming home to a house and a pet.  It's quite surreal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...