Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Brighton wanderings 🇬🇧 10km walking

What started out as a visit to the tourist info, as per Google maps, ended up with a visit to two non non existent centres.  There is no Tourist centre, as per the lady at the library with amazing exact matching purple lipstick to her hair.  Budget cuts apparently. I enjoyed looking at the Street art and many cafes and shops.

 








So, trip advisor suggested the Royal Pavilion as a must see.  With absolutely no research, I walked in and my jaw dropped. The next couple of hours I wandered the Palace built by King George IV on a self guided tour.  The building exterior has influences of India in its design and inside is Imperial Chinese.  He wanted to give an element of surprise and he definitely achieved it.  










This was the first major building in the UK where an Interior designer was used as previously it was solely an architect's domain.  











I treated myself to a slice of Raspberry and Elderflower cake and it was everything I wanted it to be ❤️



With the sun setting at 4.29pm today (😳), I was drawn to the seaside to see the pier and promenade all lit up - one minute I think tacky but then it's actually gorgeous.  Love the sea air and sound of seagulls.







I walked to the bus stop and discovered an outdoor pop up ice skating rink next to the Royal Pavillion!  May just have to have a go one night 😊




No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...