Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Brighton to Littlehampton 🇬🇧 65kms

After a later start, I popped in to a local bike mechanic as needed to book in for some new brake pads.  The young assistant is a lad from Perth and has been backpacking around Europe and UK.  On for a chat and we were swapping stories 😊. Nice to hear the Aussie accent.  Bike booked in for later in the week when it's raining.


Today's ride highlights:

✅Headwind outbound means glorious tailwind home.









✅Smell of sea air

✅Huge seagulls in the UK



✅Fabulous coastal cycleways






✅Cycled on two islands.  First residential with cute bathing huts.






The second industrial, with silos and steel factories and the cycle path crosses over movable bridges across dry docks.  As I got halfway across, the gate in front of me shut and the cycle bridge swung out of the way so a huge fishing trawler could enter.






✅Sunset views





✅Bruce the cat responded to my attempts at playing 😊





No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...