Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Oxfordshire 🇬🇧

A rest, catch-up day.

I went with the housesit owner for the morning 5km doggy walk through the woods, small golf course and some small lakes and a swamp. One of the dogs ends up drenched as loves all the smells and wonders around the swamp, chases squirrels and pheasants.  The other is more placid.





A bike enthusiast, the lovely owner spent a couple of hours with me teaching me some bike maintenance, replacing a brake cable, tightening all the nuts and bolts,  and then we cleaned off 3 months of dirt and grime.  My bike is sparkling again!




Then fired up my computer that had been switched off for 3 months.  About a dozen restarts as it went through a series of updates.  Was good to tick off a range of life admin tasks.

A short ride to the next village to the post office, locate the supermarket and back again.

This afternoon the lady and I did the 2nd dog walking route through a quaint village and a larger golf course.









Relaxing day with kind and friendly people and loving doggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...