Monday, October 23, 2023

Mickleton, Broadway (Cotswolds) 🇬🇧

 

My weekend in the Cotswolds was guided by the weather.  Yesterday was very foggy and rainy and so after muddy dog walking, 








I called home to be a part of singing happy birthday to my mum, who had the family all over.  Did the rounds chatting to everyone 😊




Played fetch with the dogs and the weather turned for the better about 3pm.. decided to go out for a short 20km ride.  Lots of puddles but fresh air and lush farmland, thatched cottages and a couple of hills.  







The home owner suggested I go to the local pub for dinner and meet some locals.  Off I went and it was the Rugby semi and so it was packed.  A lovely couple opening the door and welcomed me in and then introduced me to everyone as 'the Australian'.  Lots of friendly people and a couple of ladies will take me to the food festival next weekend 😊





Today it was clear and so my dog walks had views across the Cotswolds from the tops of the hills.




My 45km cycle loop took me up a number of hills, through villages and farmland and to the busy Broadway tower.  The views from the top were magnificent and I had a chai latte and apple crumble at the cafe before cycling down a cracker of a descent.









This afternoon's walk was to the top of Meon hill with a fantastic view of the sunset.










Relaxing in front of the fire again after a great weekend 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maddybenny to Londonderry 🍀 68kms 🚴‍♀️ 5.5km 🚶‍♀️

Some rain overnight and a wet tent to pack up.  Lovely to wander around the farm this morning with ducks and peacocks, friendly farm cat and...