Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Cotswolds ❤️. Stow-on-the-Wold, Lower Slaughter and Boughton-on-the-Water🇬🇧

On Saturday I got the courage up to go to the local pub to meet some of the locals.  So very friendly and two women took my number and said they would contact me.  Well they did and today I have had the most wonderful day.



Early hilly dog walking and then was picked up at 10am and I left it up to them to show me around.  





We visited three picturesque Cotswold towns with gorgeous cottages made from the local Cotswold stone.   Two have clear streams running through and Bourton is called the Venice of the Cotswolds. 

First to Stow-in-the-Wold









Then to Lower Slaughter











 Finishing our tour at Bourton in the Water,tourists everywhere and a relaxed autumn vibe.  I continued my scone research however today's is sitting in 3rd place 🤣









They dropped me home and then asked if I would like them to show me a different dog walking route.  Half hour later I met Yvonne and we walked to Rosemarie's place and up into the hills we went.  Everyone around here are mountain goats, so fit and they walk for miles!  10kms later, gorgeous sunset and the last few kms in the dark we were back 🤣.   32000 steps for me today!!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Carnfunnock - Cushenden 🍀 47kms🚴‍♀️ , 5km 🚶‍♀️

 An enjoyable day exploring the Coastal road north of Belfast. Last night strong winds and heavy rain made it a bit hard to sleep, but thank...