Friday, October 20, 2023

Moreton-in-Marsh - Mickleton (Cotswolds) 🇬🇧

I farewelled my royal hosts and set off to cycle with my loaded bike to my next house/pet sitting home.  Light rain making the green fields look even greener 😊. The route went through some tiny villages with house proud home owners.






I arrived into Chipping Camden and visited the info centre, locked my bike and set off with the map to do a self guided walking tour of this historic market town.  















I made it about a third of the way through but was too cold and so asked the attendant at the museum for her recommendation for the best soup cafe.  The Bantam tea rooms delivered a rich tomato and roasted capsicum soup with huge chunks of bread and butter.  



I decided to continue my private Cotswold research into scones with clotted cream 😊. 


I think today's warm scones are ahead by a whisker!  Only 3 miles to the little village that I will call home for the next 10 days.
The home owner is lovely and the doggies adorable.  I went on the shorter afternoon walk through the fields and tomorrow morning is the bigger walk.








Sally made a lovely dinner and we watched a movie to finish a pretty relaxing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...