Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Cheltenham to Moreton in Marsh (Cotswolds) 🇬🇧 35kms (walked 4 of them 🙄)

I set off after farewellimg Jo my inspiring 'Warm showers' host who bikepacked south America solo, and Lenny her beagle who sat with me while I packed. 






 A big day of riding for me.  Two very steep tough hills and half a dozen more smaller steep climbs.  Spent quite a lot of time pushing my heavy bike up hills. 







 Roaring winds but clear and sunny.  The views from the tops of the hills over gorgeous farmland, stone walls, cows and sheep grazing, pheasants everywhere was lovely.  



Some quaint towns such as Winchcombe with a gorgeous cottages and a winding main street that has been the main trade route since the 1200's and the church built AD1245.  I was pretty cold and warmed up with a pastie and an Eccles cake.

















I arrived into Moreton in Marsh and did a lap of the main street and discovered it is Sconefest!  A week of scone competitions through the cafes in town.  It was fitting that I end my cycle with a hot chocolate and a scone with local jam and clotted cream 😊.



 
Then on to my 'warm showers' hosts 'Charles and Diana', a retired couple who have bike packed the east coast of Australia!  A hot shower, a beautiful meal and night of great conversation 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shanghai - Sydney - Brisbane 🇦🇺

 As I land ‘home’ to Brisbane (with a plane load of Olympians), 53 hrs after boarding my bus in Paris 11.30pm Sunday night, I'm wonderin...